Saturday 14 March 2009

End of home education

We've sent the letter requsting a school place. like it or lump it but I'll soon no longer be a home educating mum. I'm not sure whether this move is the right one, but its not my decision any more.

I have loved educating the boys at home. It has been great fun and I'd recommend it to any one.
Children learn. It's what they do. They learn what they need to accomplish whatever their current goals are. And when they are ready to move on they let you know.

I'll miss the camps, the picnics in the rain, the "not back to school" picnic at Spitchwick, taking holidays whenever we feel like it instead of having term time. The actual business of being there to help answer queries and find resources etc will still go on, so I'll still be home educating on that level.

Leaves me feeling a bit jobless.

No comments:

Post a Comment